Thousands of Missouri residents are seriously injured each year in accidents caused by others’ carelessness or disregard for safety. Some people suffer catastrophic injuries that are life-changing, while others suffer injuries so severe they prove fatal. To recover from a serious injury sustained in a car accident or other type of accident, you or your loved one may need months of physical therapy and rehabilitation.
If you have been injured in a car accident, motorcycle accident, or bicycle accident in the St. Louis area through the fault of another motorist, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver and their insurance company. If you have lost a loved one in an accident caused by another, you may have a wrongful death claim. The trial lawyers at Sansone & Lauber have a proven record of obtaining settlements and verdicts that recognize the full value of our clients’ claims. Sansone & Lauber represent individuals who have sustained personal injuries.
Types of Personal Injury Claims
The types of personal injury claims that the trial lawyers at Sansone & Lauber have experience handling include:
- Car Accidents— Auto accidents cause the largest number of serious injuries including head injuries and traumatic brain injuries. Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death of teenagers.
- Motorcycle Accidents— Motorcycles have surged in popularity in recent decades. However, many Missouri motorists still overlook motorcyclists on the highways and cause serious accidents simply because they are not looking out for motorcycles.
- Bicycle Accidents— Cyclists often sustain serious injuries in collisions caused by inattentive drivers of cars and trucks. Bicyclists have the same right to the road and legal rights as operators of other vehicles.
- Medical Malpractice— The standard for medical malpractice is whether the doctor or health care provider has failed to use the degree of medical skill and learning typically used in similar circumstances. Sansone & Lauber investigates medical malpractice cases to determine whether you have a valid claim, at no charge.
- Nursing Home Abuse— Residents of nursing homes and long-term care facility are vulnerable to neglect and abuse because of their physical limitations and in many cases, their cognitive impairment. By filing a nursing home abuse claim, you may be standing up for your own loved one and also helping to prevent another family’s relative from experiencing similar neglect or abuse.
- Wrongful Death— When a loved one dies as a result of another person’s disregard for safety or misconduct, it can be devastating to a family, both emotionally and financially. While no amount of money will replace your loved one, the full compensation afforded by Missouri law for a wrongful death can bring your family financial stability and a sense of closure.
- Workers’ Compensation— Most workers who suffer an on-the-job injury in Missouri and Illinois are entitled to compensation benefits provided by their employer, regardless of who caused the accident. If you are running into resistance obtaining workers’ compensation benefits, a workers’ compensation attorney can offer guidance.
Delivering the best results possible for those who have been injured in accidents caused by others is what we strive to do at Sansone & Lauber trial lawyers. Speak with a St. Louis personal injury lawyer today.