Premises Liability - Property & Business Owner Liability
In Missouri and Illinois, and most other states, commerical and residential property owners owe a duty to make their property safe from defects and commercial property owners have the additional duty to inspect their property on a regular basis to make sure there are no dangerous conditions which can hurt business customers.
If a visitor or tenant living on another person's property is injured, the owner of the property may be legally responsible if it was the owner's negligence that caused the injury.
Common premise liability Injuries include those from:
- Water on the floor;
- Unmarked or hidden hazards;
- Unleveled or uneven sidewalks;
- Concealed or hidden defects;
- Exposure to toxic or hazardous substances.
- Defenctive escalators, elevators, and other equipment.
The injured party must prove that the property owner failed to maintain the property or created an unsafe condition that caused the injury. You need a personal injury lawyer that undersands the legal issues that are important to particular property owner liability cases.
If you, a friend, or relative has been injured, contact us online or call us at (314) 266-8323 to set up a FREE consultation with personal injury attorney Benjamin Sansone to discuss your case.
- How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Pay Out In A Bodily Injury Lawsuit? When you think homeowners insurance, you may first envision protection for your house against fallen trees, flooding and other natural disasters. But parts of your homeowners insurance policy are ....
- The Dangers of Missouri Grain Silos Though workplace serious injury and death have been falling on farms in America, one category remains hard for regulators to bring under control. The number of workers dying or becoming injured due to ....
- Lawsuit Says St. Louis Citizens Sprayed With Radioactive Chemicals in Secret Military Experiment According to a recent report by a professor at St. Louis Community College, the United States military conducted top-secret experiments on the citizens of St. Louis, Missouri for years, going so far ....
- Settlement against St Louis Zoo: Fall resulted from Dangerous & Unmarked Condition A local St Louis resident was caused to fall at the Zoo as a result of an unmarked depression in the sidewalk. She was visiting the zoo with her grandchildren when she was caused to stumble and fall ....
- Halloween Safety: scary props can be dangerous and others do not realize you are in trouble As a St Louis worker's compensation lawyer, attorney Ben Sansone represents Missouri and Illinois clients that are injured at work as a result of workplace hazards. Recently, an employee at a ....